The vision for Southall Waterside reflects and embraces the five focus areas of Berkeley's vision. The masterplan for Southall Waterside is designed to create a whole new neighbourhood of 3,750 homes offering great connectivity with an extensive leisure and retail offering, a two-tier entry primary school, a community hub, piazzas and parks.
CUSTOMERS. Providing remarkable place experiences.
PLACES. Creating fantastic mixed-use and public spaces.
OUR PEOPLE. Passion for their jobs and the communities they create.
OPERATIONS. Focus on customer service.
HOMES. Lifestage living for all.
• 3,750 new apartments• Phase A - 623 new homes in total, 304 of which are affordable
• In conjunction with the Berkeley Foundation, The Berkeley West Thames team have pledged their support to HSSH (Hope for Southall Street Homeless) as their designated charity• The development is set to contribute £24m in planning contributions to the local economy
• A central park will run through Southall Waterside, connecting the Crossrail station to the west of the development• Two new bus services will be introduced• Phase A will comprise 944 cycle parking spaces
• The development will provide a new school and nursery• The on-site West London Construction Academy will host 120 FTE (full time equivalent) students each year
• Up to half of the development will comprise open green space• 1km of frontage is being opened up along the Grand Union Canal• 2 new parks will be created, one of which is the same size as 278 squash courts• 2 new footbridges will be created to provide access the 90-acre Minet Country Park
• The development will provide 600 permanent and 21,000 FTE jobs• To date, 222 local residents have worked on the development• The on-site West London Construction Academy provides on-the-job experience and earn as you learn opportunities for apprentices• To date, 25 work experience/apprenticeship placements have been provided by Berkeley
Leisure & Retail
• Up to 500,000 sqft of purpose built commercial and leisure space will be provided• Open piazzas will be provided• There is planning permission for a cinema, hotel, restaurants, office space and retail premises• The commercial hub will provide an opportunity for local businesses as well as bringing new companies into Southall
• The majority of buildings will have green roofs• The on-site batching plant mitigates 2,000 HGV movements from local roads• 40 bird boxes, 20 bat boxes and wildlife habitats have been installed to the west of the development