The vision for Southall Waterside reflects and embraces the five focus areas of Berkeley's vision. The masterplan for Southall Waterside is designed to create a whole new neighbourhood of 3,750 homes offering great connectivity with an extensive leisure and retail offering, a two-tier entry primary school, a community hub, piazzas and parks.
CUSTOMERS: Providing support through every step of their home-buying journey.
PLACES: Creating mixed-use and public spaces to the highest standard.
OUR PEOPLE. Passion for their jobs and the communities they create.
OPERATIONS: With an emphasis on customer service.
HOMES: Modern and stylish; suitable for people at all stages of life.
• 3,750 high-quality new homes• Phase 1 will comprise 49% affordable homes
• We are proud to support HSSH (Hope for Southall Street Homeless) as our designated charity• New leisure, entertainment and retail facilities• The development will contribute £24m in planning contributions to the local economy
• A central park will run through Southall Waterside, connecting the Crossrail station to the west of the development• Two new bus services will be introduced• Phase 1 will comprise 944 cycle parking spaces• Electric car charging points
• A new primary and nursery school
• Up to half of the development will comprise open green space• 1km of frontage is being opened up along the Grand Union Canal• 2 new parks will be created, one of which is the same size as 278 squash courts• 2 new footbridges will be created to provide access the 90-acre Minet Country Park
• The development will provide 600 permanent and 21,000 FTE jobs• To date, 222 local residents have worked on the development• To date, 25 work experience/apprenticeship placements have been provided by Berkeley
Leisure & Retail
• Up to 500,000 sqft of purpose built commercial and leisure space will be provided• Open piazzas will be provided• The commercial hub will provide an opportunity for local businesses as well as bringing new companies into Southall
• The majority of buildings will have green roofs• The on-site batching plant mitigates 2,000 HGV movements from local roads• 40 bird boxes, 20 bat boxes and wildlife habitats have been installed to the west of the development